Sunday, September 11, 2011

THE RED UFO AT BURNING MAN




We'd all expressed our pains, and fears, and joys on the walls of the great white structure. I had written about my car crash and the person who saved my life, then betrayed me. I doubt I will ever talk to him again at this point. I literally expelled him from of my system and I'm not going back (more on this story later).

For many people, the Temple Burn was something of a melancholy, contemplative moment, meant to be a time of meditation and reflection. For this reason, my group and I chose to watch the burn from a distance, and I'm glad we did. Not only did it provide a better view of the event, it also helped us realize how HUGE the resulting flames were.

And it also gave us a better view of the mysterious red light that crossed the sky that night...

I'm sure that hundreds of people saw it. I myself saw it and took a few images of it (coming soon). It was nothing more than a single bright light moving across the sky, which eventually stopped and sat for 15 minutes to the right of the temple. After the 15 minute-pause, it did something I've never seen an aircraft do before: It dropped another smaller red light out of from under it, which flashed on and off until it reached the horizon, at which point, it went out.

Thereafter, the red craft that dropped the light began to move slowly toward the temple, and then suddenly zoomed off and disappeared into the sky.

Now, I have seen some strange things in my life. But I'd never seen anything like that. I'd seen other UFOs, however, and there were some similarities that I was sure to note. Firstly was the manner by which it "took off" into the night - I'd seen a white ball of light in the sky do this exact move nearly two years prior while camping on a private island near the Oregon Coast. At another time, also in Oregon, I have seen another white craft zig-zag over a short distance like the red craft did over BRC. It also pulsed like the red UFO, and didn't appear to be very high up.

Ironically, I'd had a few dreams about UFOs and extraterrestrial life earlier that very week, whereas I normally don't dedicate much time to thinking about such things (my interest, after all, is with the living creatures of earth). But something about that red light did seem very intriguing to me and I'd like to know more about it.

In short, if anyone knows anything about this event, I'd love to hear from you. There must have been hundreds of witnesses and I've heard from some that they took video of it (though I have yet to see it myself).

The following are images of the craft which I took with my Canon EOS 7D DSLR camera, using an 18-55mm lens. I set the camera on the solid Playa ground to ensure that the shots I got were as clear as could be given the low lighting. I wish with all my heart that I’d had my 300mm and a tripod on me, but alas, I did not. I heard from another photographer, though, that he did, and he planned to post the images online (again, I have yet to see these).



This photo is a zoomed in view of the red light before it dropped its second light. You can see that it seems to have a ring of yellow around it, followed by a halo-like aura of more red. The light was flashing for a while, so this may just be a part of the flash, yet it appears in my other images of the light as well, leading me to believe that it’s actually something in the nature of the craft. Again, though, I’m not sure. I wish that I had a bigger lens for this.



And this is where things got interesting: You can see from this series of shots that the red UFO has now dropped a smaller red light toward the earth. This flashed on and off (all images here show the light while on) and then disappeared when it reached the horizon about 15 to 20 seconds later. My boyfriend told me that this 15-to-20-second drop time means that the original red craft was only about a mile high in the sky, which is quite close indeed, raising my suspicion that this was some kind of hoax.



This next image was taken with a 20-second exposure. The close up in the corner was sharpened to show detail, but is, like the rest of the photos, completely unedited aside from cropping and the signature included for copyright purposes. 

Again, I MUST re-iterate that I simply have NO idea what this thing is. I'm not trying to claim that it's an extraterrestrial spacecraft, nor am I taking the firm stance that it's a hoax. I'm simply saying that I don't know what is, and I think it's a very interesting experience which I'm glad to have had. Once more, if you know anything more about it, please feel free to share! I'd love to hear what you have to say. 

9 comments:

  1. I totally saw it! As well as the person I was with. I actually saw these orbs all week during night hours. They were usually in groups of 3 except for the one at the temple when I only saw one. I have a picture of the temple sighting as well and will send it as soon as I get access to a computer and not my phone.
    HolisticSoul@gmail.com
    FB: Jacob bleu sharp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup I for shure saw this one and others thru out the week during the night hours. They were usually in groups of three in triangular formation and would pulse in sequence then disappear. The one above the temple was the only one I saw by itself.
    HolisticSoul@gmail.com
    FB: Jacob bleu sharp

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw it as well, actually follow it from when it was flying over the campsites also dropping red orbs then it made its way towards the temple. I watched it for a long time, over 40 mins. It was not a helicopter, there was no sound and its pattern of flight was impossible for a hand glider which I thought it could have been at first. I have seen many UFOS but I was thankful to have seen this one basically so "chilled out" to "hang out" w us. Once I reached the Temple I did flash it w my laser and it appeared to me and those around me that it was flashing back, then it went behind the temple and dropped its last orb, moved towards the front, we flashed it again and then it dissapeared faster than most ufos I've seen in the past. I sensed LOVE energy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friends and I saw it too. we'd love to know what this was about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the red UFO over the temple too. It hung above the site for some time. I assume going up until it began to flicker/ pulse and vanish. I have no idea what it was.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We saw it, too. I personally stared at it for a good 10-15 mins. The slow dropping orb was bizarre and as well as the extended periods of the stationary movement from the unidentified flying object. I think it's safe to say we as a society are in the fucking dark about a lot of things. We could be the universe's hamsters in a cage. . . with a few who occasionally get a peak at the outside world. Or we could just be a species disconnected with our place in the universe. But don't listen to me, turn on your T.V. and relax or go shopping! That'll make you feel better. Anything not to come to terms with the fact that everything they taught us in schools and in church or temple was a fucking lie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My group saw it as well. I have never seen anything quite like it, and like you I thought it was some sort or hoax at first. Our group or 10 first noticed it while walking towards the Temple burn and at first glance some of us thought it was a planet, maybe Mars but it was way too bright to be. We stopped and sat about 200 yards behind the main group of people around the temple. As we sat and contemplated the week, several of us were laying down watching the RED light for approximately 10 minutes. When we had a chance to sit and watch it, we could tell it was not stationary but appeared to be moving rather quickly in short bursts. It was pretty difficult to gauge how fast it was moving or how far away it was because the only thing we had to base its movement off of was the stars behind it but did seem to move a rather large distance over the course of its stay. There was no sound being made that we could hear. We saw the "orb" or light drop which was very very intriguing.

    I wish I had more insight as to what the craft looked like. One of our group thought that it looked somewhat triangular but I did not notice this. I have seen strange lights / flashes in the sky where you can't quite get a good glimps of it but this was totally different. It sat up in plane sight for a long time, I wish I had a telescope with me...and I hope to see something like this again some day that will help anwser all the questions this has left me with.

    StarGazer

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw it when we were waiting for the fire to start at the temple. I remember hearing someone say "Look! A UFO!", and everyone's head turned up and were in complete amazement! It was blinking and moving slowly in the direction of 12 o-clock from the temple. Then all of a sudden it stopped blinking, moved back to it's original location, and starting blinking again. I couldn't stare too long because I was with a girl I just met and I didn't want her to think I was crazy or into UFOs...but I knew what I saw and wasn't normal at all. Burning Man. Where humans on this planet come to fully express LOVE.

    ReplyDelete